Two manufacturers of propane-based stand-alone commercial refrigeration equipment – True Manufacturing and Welbilt, Inc. – received ENERGY STAR awards from theU.S. Environmental Protection Agency last week.
True Manufacturing, O’Fallon, Missouri, received the ENERGY STAR Excellence Award Product Design.
“True Manufacturing is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its innovation in the commercial refrigeration market, developing high-efficiency equipment using sustainable materials,” said the EPA at energystar.gov.
Key 2017 accomplishments cited by the EPA include:
- Earning the ENERGY STAR Emerging Technology Award for Innovative Refrigerant Systems for 42 commercial refrigeration models, offering customers between 50 – 2,400 kilowatt hours in annual savings.
- Increasing the total number of models listed by more than 100%.
- Elevating the ENERGY STAR profile of commercial refrigeration equipment, engaging in the specification revision process and continuing to advance energy efficiency.
- Developing entire product lines that make use of hydrocarbon refrigerants and accelerating the market shift to more climate-friendly refrigerant options across the country.
Welbilt, Inc.,New Port Richey, Fla., receivedPartner of the Year – Sustained ExcellenceProduct Brand Owner.
“Welbilt is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its outstanding promotion of ENERGY STAR certified products and for its corporate commitment to producing energy-efficient equipment,” said the EPA.
Key 2017 accomplishments cited by the agency include:
- Developing and redesigning products that exceed ENERGY STAR specification requirements by expanding Delfield’s GreenGenius refrigerant systems to additional product lines which incorporate climate-friendly refrigerants.
- Engaging in the ENERGY STAR specification revision process for commercial ice makers while redesigning products to be as much as 19% more energy efficient and use 10% less potable water.
- Advancing awareness of ENERGY STAR through a variety of integrated and interactive media tools, earning more than 3 million impressions in total. Welbilt engaged more than 44,000 community members through regular updates about the importance of ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Expanding the ENERGY STAR messaging on its YouTube channel through short videos showcasing certified products and explaining how energy efficiency and potential utility rebates lower total cost of ownership.
- Exhibiting ENERGY STAR certified products at more than 144 regional, national and international trade shows, with prominent labeling and marketing materials to educate customers about design features and settings that maximize energy savings.
All ENERGY STAR awards will be presented in Washington, D.C. at the Washington Hilton Hotel on April 20. EPA Assistant Administrator for Air and Radiation Bill Wehrum and CMS Energy CEO Patti Poppe will deliver keynote presentations.
Want to find out more, or have something to say about this story? Join the ATMO Connect network to meet and engage with like-minded stakeholders in the clean cooling and natural refrigerant arena.