Calibration Technologies Inc. (CTI), a Colombia, Missouri (U.S.)-based manufacturer of gas detection devices, has announced a new product, the EM2 Digital Entrance Monitor, which can be used to monitor the presence of ammonia and other gases.
“The EM2 provides plant personnel an at-a-glance visual indication before [they enter] potentially dangerous areas,” says CTI in its product brochure.
The EM2 available in two models: the EM2-24, which links to a remote gas-detection control panel or PLC, and the EM2-120, a stand-alone device.
The EM2’s 3in (7.6cm)-diagonal LCD display indicates both the gas being detected as well as its concentration in ppm (parts per million), and it can be programmed to trigger an alarm at the user’s determined set point.
The monitor’s industrial-strength enclosure is durable and suited for the range of extreme temperatures and harsh conditions encountered in food production industries, according to CTI.
Among the EM2’s key features, says CTI:
- The digital display provides clear, at-a-glance readings of gas concentrations.
- It functions between -40°C (-40F) to 50°C (122°F) within a watertight and corrosive resistant polycarbonate enclosure.
- The monitor can be installed at the entrance door of compressor rooms, enclosed spaces, and rooftop air-handling units.
- Its watertight construction and UV protection makes it suitable for outdoor as well as indoor use.
- The monitor offers stand-alone gas detection, oxygen- deficiency monitoring, as well as remote relay activation and readout
- Each model is individually tested and comes with a two-year warranty
CTI had planned to unveil its EM2 minitor at the International Institute for Ammonia Refrigeration (IIAR) Annual Conference in mid-March. However, IIAR cancelled its conference due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thus, the EM2 entrance monitor has been released online, and more information as well as purchasing options are available here.
You can also watch the information video here.
Want to find out more, or have something to say about this story? Join the ATMO Connect network to meet and engage with like-minded stakeholders in the clean cooling and natural refrigerant arena.