Here’s what some key companies will be exhibiting at the AHR Expo next week in Chicago.
The 2018 AHR Expo (short for International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition) – to be held Jan. 22-24, 2018 at McCormick Place, Chicago, concurrently with ASHRAE’s Winter Conference – is one of the largest HVAC&R trade shows in the world.
Now in its 88th year, the AHR Expo, co-sponsored by ASHRAE and AHRI, will encompass 2,000+ exhibitors, including many that market natural refrigerant systems. It will feature 100+ seminar and product presentations, including a number relating to natural refrigerants. And it will attract more than 65,000 attendees, including contractors, engineers, facility managers, distributors, OEMs and other HVACR industry professionals.
Here’s a look at what some companies involved with natural refrigerants will be showcasing at the Expo.
Embraco, booth 2524
At this year’s expo, the Brazil-based manufacturer will be showcasing two hydrocarbon compressors and a “Plug n Cool” R290 reach-in freezer and refrigerator solution.
The FMFT Bivolt is an R290-based compressor that employs variable-speed technology and is engineered for light commercial applications. The FMX compressor, alternatively, utilizes a new Fullmotion Inverter (variable-speed) technology. The FMX, which utilizes R600a (isobutene), is compact, low-noise, provides a wide voltage range and is built for freezers with built-in energy-efficiency cooling systems.
The R290-based Plug n Cool is a self-contained condensing unit marketed for grocery and convenient stores and commercial kitchens. The cooler meets Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Energy (DOE) regulations and is also compliant with the EPA GreenChill program.
KeepRite, booth 3118
This year the manufacturer will be unveiling new KEP Extended Profile Evaporators. The KEP Extended Profile line features internally enhanced tubing and SmartSpeed technology. They’re also compatible with low-GWP refrigerants, have high-efficiency and high-strength fan guards, ample electrical and header compartments, and are UL certified.
Emerson, booth 5310
At AHRI 2018, St. Louis-based Emerson’s refrigeration and cold chain teams will feature the refrigeration, controls, monitoring and service solutions available through its distribution network and supported by trained contractors for use in grocery retail, convenience stores, foodservice, distribution and transportation applications. The primary areas of focus will be:
In the cooling category, Emerson won an Innovation Award for its Copeland Scroll two-stage compressor, covering from one to 10 TR. The compressor is a third-generation technology that was redesigned for more performance and reliability in residential and commercial air conditioning systems. The Copeland Scroll offers up to 5% greater full-load and part-load performance.
ebm-papst, booth 2119
Farmington, Conn.-based ebm-papst will be highlighting the following products aimed for the use in the refrigeration market at the AHR Expo:
– BUS-enabled EC fan assemblies for use in display case and bottle cooler applications, which take full advantage of the “Internet of Things” with BUS communication for evaporator and condenser fans. BUS communication provides control of fan operation and can enhance energy savings and refrigeration performance and limit downtime. In addition, these fan assemblies are compatible with hydrocarbon refrigerants that are quickly becoming the industry standard.
– Refrigeration Controls. ebm-papst is able to now provide controls for refrigeration equipment.
– AxiBlade rooftop condenser fans. ebm-papst’s new fan design significantly reduces energy consumption and at the same time lowers operating noise. The AxiBlade line is backward compatible to the existing AC and EC product line.
– Evaporator fan assemblies. The AxiCool product line up is designed for the needs of walk-in cooler freezers and cold storage room applications.
– The S1G305 series fan for the most common 12-inch-diameter walk-in cooler and freezer evaporators. The fan assembly is designed for quick installation, and the EC motor makes it eligible local utility company rebates.
Carel, booth 5377
Carel will showcase Heos water-loop system, which can accommodate CO2 and propane. This includes a controller that manages individual display cases, a DC technology compressor, an electronic expansion valve and dashboards.
Munters, booth 6900
Texas-based Munters plans to display its DryCool EVR-Focus, a dedicated outdoor air system (DOAS). The DOAS combines desiccant dehumidification with energy recovery; the features new to this design include: a smaller footprint, easier maintenance, a higher dew-point option with greater controls strategy, and upgraded efficiency features.